- Is it for singers too? Is there a house band?
- reply to this commentJenna jerasa (7/2011)
- The Thursday night OM is dominated by a very young ( high school) crowd. However, the Tuesday night OM is still great for a more "mature" ( whatever that means) crowd. I enjoy playing SC and look forward to Tuesdays. ( also it's still FREE!)
- reply to this commentDave Bolles (1/2009)
- One of the coolest open mics around,draws a HUGE crowd, 100+ each week. Well worth the $3.00 to get in. The open mic at Steel City has done so well they had to open a second one on Tuesday nights. The main host Erich Mace is awesome.
- reply to this commentJackie (5/2008)
- If you're over the age of 15 this is not the venue for you. I went to this once-great venue last night. I paid 3 bucks to get in. I entered at 8 minutes after 7pm. I was #21 in line. I then sat through numerous brutal teenage acts, only to get within an hour of the end and I find out I don't have time to play. This used to be a great place to play music. As for right now, I say DON"T WASTE YOUR TIME!!
- reply to this commentAdrienne Leasa (6/2007)
Tis I, David V Dougherty (the DVD), yes indeedy folks. Steel city rocks! I've only been hanging out there for over a decade, somehow i got a gig hosting the open mic there, every thursday except the second Thursday of the month. good times!
hope to see you at the open mic.
- reply to this commentthe DVD (6/2006)