JT's hosting an open Blues Jam - bring your axe and your inner Muddy Waters.
1. Everybody gets to play/sing regardless of skill or ability. Bring your guitar/harmonica/bass/voice/other instrument. Drums, amps, keyboards and PA will be provided. Yes, you can bring your own amp.
2. This is a Blues jam - we can venture into other styles, but keep one foot in the Blues.
3. Sign in with the Jam Host when you arrive. Players will be called up on a first-come first-serve basis.
4. The Host will try to give everyone a minimum of three songs to play. Depending on how many folks are signed up you may get to play longer. You can always play a few tunes, get off, then come back and play later. 5. If you have an entire band that wants to play together, that's fine, but the 3-song rule still applies. The purpose of a Jam is to mix and match players, to play with folks you're not familiar with, to give novices the chance to perform with more experienced players.
6. >> Listen<< to each other while you're up there playing! When someone else is playing a solo or singing, lay back, play quiet, give them support - let them shine, show what they can do. You'll have your chance to do the same.
7. Show your appreciation and respect for the other performers while you're waiting. This is not a competition, it's a support group.
8. Show your appreciation and respect for the staff of the Darkhorse Tavern for giving us a place to play the Blues!