- Food is great and Matt does a great job cordinating, the house band rocks and there is always someone on hand to jam sith you if you like
- reply to this commentAnonymous (6/2015)
I am a drummer and have been going to this open mic night at the Whitpain, on and off, for about 3 years now. There are a lot of great players that come in and Matt Perkins does an excellent job coordinating the people on the list.
Sometimes it is very crowded and you may have to hang for a bit to play, but it is worth the wait… Enjoy!
- reply to this commentChuck Mancini (10/2013)
- ? Is this open mic just music, or is there every any comedy as well?
- reply to this commentAnonymous (5/2012)
- I never got to play! Got there 8;45. Kind waitress said she would sign me up to play but returned to say host would see me. The host would not show me the sign up sheet but instead he signed me up and said I was 7th and that each player gets 3-4 songs. Band started to play 9:30. At 10:05PM first player took 5 minutes to set up and took another 5 minutes to play his first song. At 10:25 while the first performer was still playing I left realizing that despite getting there early, I wasn't going to get to play for a very long time. The host was friendly, the waitress great, the place packed and the food was only fair. As a first timer I felt out of place. It seems the regulars get well taken care of. This is a local bar for regulars; newcomers beware.
- reply to this commentCharles (2/2012)
- I was at open mic last thurs nite the place was packed! If you want to hear some real talent come on out. Joe Reese you rocked the place!
- reply to this comment: ) (8/2011)