- Each performer gets 15min
- reply to this commentFrank Guagenti (7/2016)
- ? Is there a sign-up for a certain date for open mic? We are rehearsing to do a few songs for June 7 and are inviting a few younger people; since open mic doesn't start until 8:45, we wondered if there is a sign-up and order to the open mic night so we could sign up and perform early in the evening.
- reply to this commentSheridan Hill (5/2016)
Dave Turner hosts the open mic at WhiteHorse BlackMountain. It's worth the trip just to hear Dave. He writes and performs some really tasteful songs. Never a dull chord progression or contrived rhyme. Just good solid story telling, set to music. I know this because I have the pleasure to mix sound at the Horse.
All are welcomed, and the level of experience may vary. Just know your words and play reasonablly in tune and you will find a friendly audience.
Come grow with us.
- reply to this commentbert (5/2011)
As the new host of the open mic each Tuesday night at White Horse Black Mountain (music 8:45pm, signup 8pm) http://www.whitehorseblackmountain.com/), I encourage every musician and singer-songwriter in the greater Asheville area to consider coming out and playing a few songs with us - it's a wonderful listening room style venue with great sound and a beautiful stage - really one of the finest music venues in the region.
As host my number-one objective is to give artists of all kinds the opportunity to perform on this wonderful stage and make them feel welcome and appreciated - including careful attention to the presentation and sound support - I know Bert Brown, the White Horse sound engineer works very hard to give everyone the full benefit of his expertise and the first-class sound system at White Horse. And I hope your appearance opens doors to perform gigs at White Horse - I know Bob Hinkle and Kim Hughes (the owners) are always listening and interested in and very supportive of local artists and those traveling through the area. And I also believe that when musicians get together and listen to each other and make connections it can be very rewarding and helpful to all of us as we pursue our performance careers, opportunities to collaborate and network… and most importantly, to enjoy hearing each other.
So I hope you'll join us - and help spread the word among any musicians and songwriters you know. Please call me direct at 828-713-9206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about or suggestions for our open mic event.
- reply to this commentDave Turner (2/2011)
- White Horse Black Mountain is a world-class performance venue with a wonderful sound system, beautiful stage, pro sound engineer on duty. Yamaha grand piano on the stage. A fantastic listening room: Great opportunity to audition for a gig at White Horse. More info: http://www.whitehorseblackmountain.com and http://daveturnermusic.com/blog.cfm?feature=654076&postid=683398
- reply to this commentDave Turner (1/2011)