- Friendly, attentive and interesting people of all ages make this open mic a great experience. I highly recommend this one!
- reply to this commentBarry Goldstein (2/2012)
- It's a vibe much like many coffee house style open mics, however, It was a full house with a mix of musicians and patrons in the area who know of this open mic. Get in on this event if you can! For only being there once it was quite a busy evening. The host Zak Theis is an excellent guitarist who runs a steady and solid ship for an open mic. That night there were a variety of acts and performances(16 at least). Space is very limited so large acts may find it tricky to set up equipment. Many who stayed played a second round. Zak and I even did an improvised free-jam which was an absolute blast!
- reply to this commentSaigonShredder (6/2011)
- Definitely get on their mailing list to make sure you know when these happen. They're well-attended and feature performers of all ages from toddlers through adults. Performers stay and listen to each other. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The pastries and tea I've had there have been good. A very fun and unique atmosphere!
- reply to this commentSheltered Turtle (Henry Nam) (7/2010)
- The June Open Mike night at Wellington Square Bookshop will be held on the FIRST FRIDAY of the month: June 4th. Other than that, it's on the second Fridays! Hope to see you there. Also, BYOB is welcome.
- reply to this commentEmma (5/2010)
Grab your guitar and spend an evening enjoying the talent of the community over a cup of coffee! Performers are also welcome to dazzle us with non-musical acts, so feel free to recite a favorite poem or your original work.
All ages welcome!
Like all open mic nights, we embrace musical acts at our event. Since we’re a bookshop, we’re also welcoming you to read to us from your favorite book.
While you’re here, be sure to try one of our delicious coffee drinks with a pastry from our cafe.
Sign up at 6:30PM or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- reply to this commentEmma (3/2010)