- ? What is there for a sound system ? If I go to visit a friend Florence, I just might check this out. Would be coming from CT shoreline.
- reply to this commentMark Fornwald (12/2014)
- Our first visit last week will not be our last. This was a roomful of exceptional talent. Sadly, it was also a half-roomful of yackers who felt that if the music became louder, it was a signal to simply talk louder. But the talent was worth the distress. We'll be back
- reply to this commentjim (8/2013)
The Yellow Sofa open mic is now offering an Extended Play opportunity every Friday evening. That means two days of the week both Thursday and Friday night, folks!
To be eligible for an Extended Play slot Friday, simply participate in the Thursday night open mic, and let the hosts know that you are making plans to return for Friday. That's all you need to do.
Available time will be apportioned at 6:30 on Friday evening for the 7 - 10 p.m. slots schedule will be determined then.
- reply to this commentChris Goudreau (11/2012)
- reply to this commentEddie Riel (7/2012)
This Open Mic is a community venue that provides a home for spoken word artists, songwriters, musicians, and other kinds of performers to share their work and listen to others. Four guidelines we encourage are: The 4 Principles
1 Take listening as seriously as performing.
2 Sign up by 6:30 to be guaranteed a slot.
3 Tune up. We'll lend you a tuner.
4 Take chances. Consider collaborating with musicians on the spot.
Go for it. We love you either way.
- reply to this commentChris Goudreau (7/2012)
- Take listening as seriously as performing? Is that an instruction for your performers or your audience? My wife and I visited and sat through some wonderful talent that we barely enjoyed due to the table next to us that seemed to be holding some kind of chat fest.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (1/2014)
- I'd suggest that you post guideline #1 where your patrons can read it. The table next to me seemed to think that loud music meant they should simply talk louder.
- reply to this commentjim (3/2014)