- The new place to be for Wednesday music, this place has a huge in-house crowd, although they aren't all there for the music. If you can win them over, you've got a packed house. If you can't, they'll head for the patio. Fun challenging open mike, with plenty of networking oppertunities and great venue.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (8/2012)
- good musicians and nice hsotess. only issue is that the times i've been, people have been able to sign up way ahead of the listed sign-up sheet time. one newbie ended up having to wait 3 hours to perform, b/c people who didn't have the courtesy to show up to sign up filled up the first few hours. many also didn't show up until a little before their actual performance time.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (7/2011)
- Great place to play, nice hostess (Molly), great sound guy & killer PA, stage w/lights, large audience area, food, beer - Good mix of styles, ages & talent!
- reply to this commentRejyna (11/2010)
- Molly tries to run a good show, but she's not Billy Zenn who used to run open mic. I've been there several times and she hasn't established her own vibe yet. The players are good - I heard a steel drum player (very unique). Players get about 15 minutes (3 or 4 songs). Some play originals and some play covers. Good mix of styles. Ages are mixed, too, which is nice because people don't have to worry about fitting in.
- reply to this commentDon (4/2010)
- This is a 21 & over bar. Bartender not empathetic to underage artists. I'll say no more to avoid a rant of vulgarities.
- reply to this commentAndrew (2/2009)
- Lousy unsympathetic bartenders wanting to keep their jobs and avoid arrest. Selfish bastards.
- reply to this comment(2/2009)
I suppose I just wasn't aware of the state law requiring you to be 21 to play guitar, buy an appetizer, and be on your way. But I appreciate the sarcasm.
I just think it should be said somewhere on here that you shouldn't make an effort to come here if you're underage. Thank you and I'm done.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (2/2009)
- It's not a state law, but it does make a difference to their insurance provider. They're not covered for you, they can't let you stick around…
- reply to this commentAnonymous (3/2009)
- This is the best place to play open mic in central ohio. Molly is a fantastic host!
- reply to this commentjon (11/2013)