- Steve is a great host. He makes you feel comfortable whether you have been playing for many years or just starting out. The sound system is top notch and the crowd is appreciative and attentive This venue attracts some of the most talented muscians in the area. It's a great place to perfect your craft in front of a live audience
- reply to this commentEdward Bentley (1/2013)
That was great last night! Wonderful sound, great crowd . If anybody wants to play at a really clean sounding open mic, definitely don't miss this weekly event at Southwick inn. Strong musicians and performers do show up so if non musicians want to see some good locals doing what they do, head on down you'll have fun. Steve is really holding the door open for songwriters and players to shine and showcase their talent
- reply to this commentA.B.Jenkins (12/2012)
- I am a professional electric fiddle player from CT, who by some delightfully celestial occurrence, met the incredibly talented and gifted Steve Piper, The Southwick Inn's Master of Open Mic at ctmabands.com. He suggested I play at his Acoustic Open Mike 12/10/09, and I did. WOW!!! He is AMAZING as a musician and most of all at inspiring and nurturing all the TALENT that performs at this Open Mic!!!!! It is an unbelievable experience, to say the least. Love this place!!!!!!
- reply to this commentMyallure (12/2009)
- I'm a guitar player who plays for his own enjoyment, but I've played at the Southwick Inn on several occasions, and found it to be welcoming, friendly and non-judgemental. Steve is extremely helpful setting up equipment, getting the mic right, even sitting in if you need him to. It's so much better than some of the "high-end expectation" clubs I've played in and no one paid any attention, because I wasn't a "professional". See you there!!
- reply to this commentKenny (1/2009)
- Steve & the Southwick Inn offer a welcoming acoustic open mic for musicians of all levels. Steve has been hosting the open mic for 2 years at the Inn and it has grown to be one of the most desired open mic venues in the area.
- reply to this commentCheryl Piper (1/2008)