- ? Is rap okay there?
- reply to this commentIntermediate Prodigy (3/2015)
- Is it all ages? Im 13. Would like to share some work.
- reply to this commentKally (1/2014)
- ? Is any hip hop ever done here?
- reply to this commentAllan K. Phreshly (6/2010)
"Ball's Cabaret" as it is known is hosted at the Southern Theater by Leslie Ball- a remarkable young lady who is an actress-singer-songwriter-seminarian. She lives on a beautiful island and raises chickens in her spare time. (no kidding)
Parking is free directly across the street, admission is free for all performers.If dining out prior to the show, consider skipping dessert as Leslie has a habit of giving away Dove chocolates to performers and audience members alike. If you attend as an audience member, admission is 5 dollars but chances are you will be inspired to become a performer… so next time your admission will likely be free too! This may be the oddest, warmest, most supportive and appreciative audience on the face of the earth. If you come to perform, just show up by 11:30- (midnight is showtime). Take a good afternoon nap, bring your own coffee and prepare for the unexpected.
- reply to this commentBrandy (1/2010)
- Usually (although not always) there is a mic available, but the acoustics are such it is almost never necessary.
- reply to this commentGabriel (4/2007)