- My only experience had been with doing karaoke, which I've come to really enjoy in one year's time. Wanted to try open mic, but was a little concerned when I found out I would have to sing acapella, which I had never done. I think I have found the perfect place to get started with open mics, because the crowd is warm and encouraging. I even got to sing with an awesome guitarist for the very first time last night. The regulars are very talented and inviting to newbies like me!
- reply to this commentDarlene (10/2012)
- Great place to get started with open mikes: really receptive and encouraging crowd and a heck of a lot of talent and experience in the room.
- reply to this commentIsaac Littman (9/2009)
- Very cool atmosphere, many accomplished musicians.
- reply to this commentMicrowaveWalrus (4/2009)
just to let you know, Rider's is still going strong. Sign up is at 7:30pm with 15 minute sets starting at 8:00pm thru 10:15pm.
It fills up fast . . .
- reply to this commentJim Snively (3/2009)
- I had the good fortune to attend the open mic last August. We went for my birthday and it was a great surprise. I was familiar with some of the entertainment, but it was my first time at Rider's Inn. Great food, great music, and a great evening overall. I hope it continues for a long time. Anyone who gets a chance should go. Its an evening well worth the drive.
- reply to this commentDavidlong (11/2007)