Red Rock Coffee Company
- ? Are all ages welcome
- reply to this commentRhea (1/2016)
You do have to get there pretty early to get a good spot--6:15 is a safe bet. If you do that, you'll get a chance to play, and if you're late, they'll probably still get you a spot for the next week.
- Everyone gets 2 songs or 10 minutes.
- Covers and originals are allowed. Comedy and spoken word are allowed as well, but it's mostly music.
- Sound system is really good, and hosts are attentive to it.
- Lots of younger folks, and lots of folks playing out for the first time. The crowd is supportive.
- Starts at 7, goes until 9. At 9, they have a featured act who performs for 30 minutes.
This is a popular open mic, and it's one of the few in the Mountain View area, so you might feel like you have to jockey for a spot. But if you show up early enough, you should be fine.
- reply to this commentJohn H. (3/2015)
REPEAT of disgust "
1 Great for folk, 10 mins ,,, barely enough time to warm up
Down side amazing slots are taken by 6:32 something about carry over Humm heard that story before Host can NOT seem to grasp concept of time management nor valid criticism. REd Rock great Cafe and was a good Open Mic but It's not really open. Been there 4, 5 6 times carry overs, people ( friends) seem to just show up out of nowhere for three chord Earthy Folk July 2011 still a click,… still not very open and still 10 mins Hell,
Ravels Bolero is longer than ten mins Thumbs Down
- reply to this commentMIichael strat-o (7/2011)
if you are tight with the host you get to sign up early. Not a fair sign up proceedure. I AGREE
good Ole boy network But remember most of these are novice players there are better open mics and
last time I criticized directly to hosts face regarding favoritism I was asked to leave
so best I can say is find anoth4r OPEN mic a shame I like Red Rock I do not like the politics
- reply to this commentmas (3/2010)
- For the second time all the slots were taken before sign ups began at 6:30. The host says that these are "carry overs" from the previous week. Carry overs get to play after the guest artist finishes at 9:30. But how can there be twelve carry overs? Evidently, if you are tight with the host you get to sign up early. Not a fair sign up proceedure.
- reply to this commentBob (6/2009)