- ? I am a singer-songwriter from GA who may be visiting your fine city, Wed & Thursday, Feb 5-6, and looking for a venue w/an open mic nite. I saw on line that y'all host an open mic nite on Thursdays. What time do you start taking sign-ups? Can I sign up in advance?
- reply to this commentDon Lambert (1/2014)
- I sing at six to eight venues every week, either at open mics or as a guest of others, as I am field-testing and tweaking my ever-growing list of all original all a Capella songs… REAL A CAPPELLA--no instruments or vocal sound effects… just the one God-given instrument I sing with… The Parson Jack's show, hosted by Chris Tidestrom, is one of the best, and is the ONLY event posted on YouTube from this area… thanks, Sir Chris, for " Sharing th' love"!
- reply to this commentCHARLIE! (Charlie Moore) (11/2013)
I've now become a regular on the open mic at Parson Jack's Cafe. Chris, the host, does a exemplary job of keeping the show easy to do, and with a very friendly, local atmosphere, yet very professional manner. I sing at 4 to 6 venues every week around Charleston and Folly Beach, and Chris is the only host who graciously posts videos of the performers on YouTube… Thanks, Chris… Chris Tidestrom, the host, is an excellent singer/songwriter… and he does a beautiful job with "Tupelo Honey".
Good food, good venue, good idea to be there!
- reply to this commentCharlie Moore (5/2013)
- I've done Chris's open mic once, so far. and I was pleased with the response. I sing all original material, all a capella (I think that's Italian for "I shoulda learned guitar, instead o' drums!")… much more low key than the other venues… but I think that could have been just my impression the one time I went there. Good food, an' hot waitresses…
- reply to this commentCharlie Moore (12/2012)
- Is this open mic still active?
- reply to this commentsoultron (2/2010)