Downtown Detroit's only weekly acoustic open mic returns with new host, Joe Smith. Bring your instrument and play your heart out. Just don't suck. The owner listens. And he loves to throw shots to those who rock. The mic opens at 9:00. List starts at 8:45.
The Park Bar is directly behind the Fox Theater in Downtown. Since it opened, it has been a haven for Detroit's vibrant roots music and alt-country scene. It has a fantastic vibe, great neighborhood support and a fantastic beer selection and menu. The new performance space upstairs, The Elizabeth Theater, is now hosting nationally touring acts and plays. Come check it out. And rock the city with us.
- ? Do you have to play an instrument to participate, and is this limited to specific music genres?
- reply to this commentTracey (7/2016)
- I would love to get on the open mic tonight
- reply to this commentRichlyfe Man Man (6/2016)
Acoustic Wednesday had its debut last night and some serious talent showed up to give their support. Check out our FB page (linked above) for photos.
Erik Santos of the October Babies - the Babies have several albums, two appearances at Detroit
- reply to this commentJoe Smith (12/2012)