Outta the Way Cafe
- The format has changed with each Thursday being hosted by a different individual. The 5th Thursday is being hosted by Howard Roberts. May 30th was the 5th Thursday (Blue Moon Thursday). A wonderful group of talent performed. One of the highlights of the evening was the live sound production done by B&G The Live Sound Guys.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (6/2013)
- I was honored to be able to play last night. The musicians John attracts are all top notch and the music is very good. The quality of the musicians may make it hard to run a traditional open mike, but it was very entertaining. Considering the number of players, John does a great job of putting the bands together so everyone can play.
- reply to this commentSteve (1/2012)
- Chip n Brian may want to reevaluate how John runs this thing. Everyone loves Warner, but an hour for his set plus John's self indulgent (weekly) set before any of the bands got to play? At 11:00, band #2 on the list got to get on stage. WTF? Left before we could even play, and we weren't alone… Not to diss their talents, so how about having "John and Warner night" every Tuesday and have an actual open mic night on Thursdays?
- reply to this commentAnonymous (8/2011)
- I have always loved this open mike because the players and performers are very good… it is a real players open mike… John tries to keep the place hoppin', and does run it a bit like a showcase… but all and all it's a great open mike…
- reply to this commentBill Mulroney (6/2011)
- this O.M. is not perfect, that may be true… and the crowd likes to rock, no doubt… having said that, actual talent/ability is a requirement… gender doesn't matter…
- reply to this commentD. Martin and/or L. Schneider (6/2011)
- somehow my comment got lost and I don't know L. Schneider;
- reply to this commentD. Martin (6/2011)
If you click the "Show all comments" link at the bottom, you'll see older comments (including the one you replied to, with your reply below it).
If "D. Martin" and "L. Schneider" really don't know each other, I'd be concerned that someone is posting from the same computer and same residential IP address as you. I'd have replied privately, but none of the three posts included an email address.
- reply to this comment