The Old Nick
- Dropped by the last couple of weeks. Jennifer is really nice, and now you get a professional recording of your 3 song set. Much, much better.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (7/2011)
Pretty chilly reception from the new organizer of The Old Nick's open mike. It's definitely a neighborhood bar, so it helps to be the help.
Sign-up is at 9:00, she doesn't start playing 10:00. Lord knows when her guests get to play. I left.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (9/2009)
- I've only been able to make it there a couple of times, because I have a weekly volunteer thing, but I WILL be there tonight!
- reply to this commentDan McLean Jr (Acoustic Soul) (7/2008)
- ? Hi, I'm Elder Roche - a musician/Piano player from Ireland. I'm coming over to play at the NXNE festival and I would like to come down and check out your night this Tuesday. I'd love to play a couple of songs, so I was wondering do you have a piano/electric piano available? Thanks!
- reply to this commentElder Roche (6/2008)
The rainbow flag in the window tells it all. The mix of performers ranged from country/rock to Bangla jams. I heard the best open mic performer ever (and I go to them all over North America) - Lindsay Ferguson at this open mic.
Pamela Gilmartin is a wonderful transplant from Connecticut, and a remarkably open and inviting hostess.
Don't miss this jam.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (3/2008)