- You get five minutes to play and you better bring sheet music…
- reply to this commentAnonymous (1/2013)
Hey Tyler, dumped some images from the other night here. Hope you like them.
- reply to this commentRoger Ratliff (11/2012)
- I'm very new to this, having only done the Goodloe Coffee House a few times. Can you tell me a little more about how things are done at the Grille? How much time is appropriate for each participant? Is it first come first served, or do you arrange the participants in some other way? Does one have to order a full meal to participate? Am I expected to bring another guest? Can I use my music, or are all performances "be heart"? Thanks for putting up with all of my questions.
- reply to this commentAl Zarate (7/2011)
- ? Hello I have a 13 year old that is looking open poetry mic? Do u guys offer this and how does it work. First timers
- reply to this commentmichelle (7/2011)
We are very pleased to announce the return of The Old Bowie Town Grille's OPEN MIC NIGHT
on THURSDAY 8/5 from 7:30pm to 11:00pm! Our Open Mic Night was once considered one of the
Region's Best Open Mics and many musicians like Marv Offutt, Levi Stephens, Ruth Charles,
The Brothers McGinnis, Bobby Joe Owens, College Boy James, and Andy Poxon are veterans
of the OBTG�s Open MIC.The NEW Open Mic Night will focus on young and/or inexperienced
musicians who will benefit from playing in front of a live audience and seasoned musicians who
would like to stay fresh or tryout new material in front of a live audience. Bands will also be welcome!
THE OBTG OPEN MIC STARTS AUGUST 5TH! SPREAD THE WORD!
A few notes… -Starts Thursday, August 5th, and will continue every Thursday until further notice.
-Sign-ups will start at 7:00 PM sharp. The host will determine the schedule, but let us know if you have any time constraints and they will be taken into consideration. There will be no set time slots.
-Early sign-ups will be accepted by email only. If you are not going to be able to make it until later in the night, but would still like to perform, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your earliest available time. We will do our best to get everyone a chance to perform.
-This is a family-friendly venue, so please keep the language clean. While we are open to and encourage many diverse musical styles, certain genres (i.e. heavy metal, comedy, etc.), will not be allowed (at the host's discretion).
-Bands are more than welcome, but please keep rigs to a minimum to help facilitate shorter set up times. There is a drum kit available.
-Bring out your friends and family to enjoy the great music, food, drink, and atmosphere at the Old Bowie Town Grille Open Mic!
- reply to this commentJohn McGinnis (7/2010)