I dig this place. It's a dark bar with a big room and a high stage. Observations:
- Pretty good sound system. Sometimes music from the upstairs bleeds through--it's usually a much louder party upstairs than the mostly-acoustic open mic downstairs.
- Hosts and bartenders are cool, friendly dudes.
- Original and cover music are allowed.
- Everyone usually gets 2 songs, 3 if it's a slow night. They have a 10:00 featured act who plays for 30 min.
- They have an Ovation house guitar. No house piano.
- $15 minimum for credit cards.
Most patrons don't pay much attention to the performance. It can be hard to get their attention, but on the other hand, you can feel free to do your own thing. Overall this is a good open mic.
- reply to this commentJohn H. (3/2015)