Mike Taylor and Phil Zakas host an ACOUSTIC open mic every Saturday afternoon from 2pm to 5pm at The Music Café, 26528-B Ridge Rd, Damascus, MD. The house provides a stage, PA system, monitors, and two microphones with stands. All genres of music are welcome, covers and originals, as long as it is performed on acoustic instruments. Play on, or just come and listen, while enjoying a great sandwich, soup, salad or dessert. Coffee, soft drinks, beer and wine available too. Sign-up start at 1:45pm. Fifteen minutes - or three songs totaling 15 minutes - for each performer.
- This open mic is still going every Saturday afternoon. Please note the new start time - 2pm. Sign-up starts at 1:45pm, and the open mic session ends at 5pm.
- reply to this commentLou (2/2016)
- Sign up starts at about 12:30pm on the day of the event - there is no pre-signup. If you have a facebook account, ask to join the fb group for this ongoing open mic for all the latest information.
- reply to this commentLou (4/2015)
- How do I get on board for the next open mic
- reply to this commentfreak-J (4/2015)
- There will be no open mic this Saturday, February 14th, due to a special event at the venue. Open mic will resume on Saturday, February 21.
- reply to this commentLou (2/2015)
- Aaron - yes, this is a still-active and thriving acoustic open mic. Phil Zakas will host this Saturday afternoon. Hope to see you there.
- reply to this commentLou (1/2015)