4 years strong baby! Join us in celebrating four years of poetry, music, comedy, hip-hop and family. It has been a long long journey full of tears and laughter, (mostly laughter) and it has all been because of YOU San Diego. We are in an amazing new location. A brand new renovated warehouse theatre space downtown named Mosaic. This is your party, come rock with us.
Because of all of your support we at TOT thought it's about time you had a chance to finally get paid for your talent. Beginning March 6, we are combining the open mic with a nightly tournament. Show your skills, impress the audience, and put some cash in yo pocket!!
TRAIN OF THOUGHT OPEN MIC: TOURNAMENT
WHEN: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays starting March 6,2013
WHERE: MOSAIC - 1402 Commercial St, San Diego, Ca 92101
(free parking available on site)
TIME: 8:30 - 11:00 (Doors Open/Sign Ups open @8:00)
COST: $5.00 PER PERSON for the OPEN MIC (free for children under 12 unless performing)
$7.00 PER PERSON for the TOURNAMENT
8:30p - 9:30p = Open Mic. Each artist gets 6 min or 2 pieces (whichever comes first)
9:30p - 9:50p = FEATURED ARTIST
9:50p - 11:00p = TOURNAMENT
- Prize = $50.00 purse per game, (1ST PLACE $25.00, 2ND PLACE $15.00, 3RD PLACE $10.00)
- Each participant will have 5 min to perform one piece in any discipline.
- An artist can have one other person accompanying them musically. Only one person is allowed on the microphone
- Judges - 4 from the audience, 1 is the audience
- 1ST, 2ND, & 3RD place winners of each night receive points and move up the ranks of the tournament. Top 12 performers compete in the finals with a chance to win $300 + a TOT feature spot.