We are a group of T'ai Chi practitioners from Madison who have worked out our
form movements to classical music. Very graceful and original. Our routine goes
for about five minutes. Would your audience be interested? Also, how big is your stage?
Sincerely, Emily Smith, T'ai Chi Instructor, Grashopper Healing Arts, Madison, WI
- reply to this commentEmily B. Smith (2/2013)
I did my first open mic night here on 3/2012. It's a really neat little venue with AMAZING acoustics!
I'm going to try to answer all of the previous questions.
Spoken word, Hip hop, rap, stand up and musicians are all welcome. There aren't a lot of rules as to what you can or can't do.
You can play acoustic or electric instruments within reason. they do have a direct input for guitars and other instruments and quite a couple mic's.
Musicians are limited to two songs, poets and comedians have a 10 minute limit, though I don't think they'll interrupt you if you go a little over.
There's a bar conjoined to the theater, but performers of ALL AGES are welcome.
All you need to do to perform is show up around 7-7:45 and pay a $2 door fee, free if you aren't perdorming.
There are about 14 slots, but seldom are they ALL filled.
- reply to this commentAnonymous (3/2012)
- ? can hip hopers perform also?
- reply to this commentkendrick (10/2010)
- ? Is this all ages? Or does the band have to be 21?
- reply to this commentMarlene Dekeyser (8/2010)
- ? 5 minutes? more? less? ok to work robin's egg blue (not real blue)?
- reply to this commentJohn (6/2010)