Kristina, I have to ask, were you playing to CD or iPod track? If so, the policy about that is stated on the cafe's website.
"We do insist that if you’re reading poetry, or playing along to a track, that you get a shorter slot. We give preference to live musicians since we are a live music venue, after all! If you’re playing along with a track, give some consideration toward asking a musician in the room to play along with you – most of the time, someone will be happy to accompany you."
I hope I'm not coming off as snarky or demeaning here, just trying to help!
- reply to this commentJason McGovern (8/2014)
- I performed there as a puppeteer and was only allowed 1 song while the musicians got 2. That's bias, pure and simple. AND it's WRONG!
- reply to this commentKristina Rhood (8/2014)
1) Can they provide 3 vocal mikes?
2) Can they provide 3 lined instruments channels?
3) What’s the start and end time of the whole open mike?
4) What’s the sign-up process and when and how to sign up (in person, web, etc)?
5) What’s the duration of play (by time? by number of songs? etc)
6) Are there outlets on stage?
- reply to this commentjoe losardo (6/2014)
- I wholeheartedly second the comments of "Sheltered Turtle/Henry Nam." This is my favorite open mic, and is the best part of my week, every week. Come out and support a wonderful venue and the great staff running it.
- reply to this commentMarc Taylor (12/2013)
Ardmore Milkboy is now "MELODIES" (as of 8/1/2013).
The open mic is STILL ON for Tuesdays!
Same day, same time, same address, but sign up is primarily done by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (as early as Midnight, the evening before). Just make a request for 1st or 2nd half of the show.
- reply to this commentMarc G. Taylor (10/2013)