- ? Any open mike blues jams going on Tuesday Nights? I'm visiting from Detroit, and would love to play with the Alabama blues musicians.
- reply to this commentTerry Bar (11/2012)
- ? Is this still a smoking facility? If not, is smoking allowed if tables are outside due to warm weather?
- reply to this commentSuzi (9/2010)
I feel so fortunate to get to play with some of the best musicians this area. Some folks drive 50 miles or more to come and play blues with us at the "Klatsch". It's been going on for 15 years. I have been hosting for about 3 years, and every Sunday it's a little different. Some nights are OK , but some nights are MAGIC!!
Yes, it is smokey (it's a blues bar!!!) but, mostly in the winter. On warm nights we set up tables out side and open the windows. You can hear the blues bouncing off of the walls for blocks. All who sign up can play , unless we run out of time. Best wishes from the Klatsch… Keepin' the blues alive!!
- reply to this commentFreddy Earl (3/2005)
- house band is OK; definitely all about the Blues
- reply to this commenthelenko (11/2004)
It's not just an open mic, it's the "Sunday Night Blues Jam", often crowded and smokey, but also some great music sometimes. There's always a sax or other horn player, and a lot of them are VERY experienced. Sometimes they all need to learn some new songs, though.
There's also an Open Mic just for Acoustic players of any kind on Mondays, starting around 7pm.
- reply to this commentRebecca (11/2004)