We have all types of music. We're not restricted to Blues. We've had people sing every type of song at Jimmy's. We've had bagpipes, barbershop quartets, and rap. Most people want to play rock or alternative music. We have a house band, and if someone just wants to sing and have a band behind them, we can do that (with a little advance notice).
For details and more info go to the web site:
- reply to this commentBrian (4/2014)
- ? can I preform here?
- reply to this commentSunil Rajan (4/2013)
I took my daughter & her friends to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern Open Mic. We had a wonderful time. My daughter played keyboard & performed her songs. It is a great place to dine & enjoy songs from bunch of talented musicians including Brian Symmes band. brian is just a great host.
Thanks Brian & Merry Christmas to you, your band, & lovely staff at Jimmy's Tavern! :-) Ray
Here's one of my daughter's songs, hope you like it… !
- reply to this commentRay Sayed (12/2011)
- Still going strong! We provide two guitar amps, bass amp, and drums. Please check the page at http://jimmystavern.com/special_nights_info.html for contact info and special requests. We're about a half hour from Bethesda and Arlington, just five minutes from the Dulles Toll Road.
- reply to this commentBrian D. Symmes (2/2011)
- I played this open mic just after new years in 2008. I had a great time - Jimmy and Johnny introduced me to the regulars, waitresses and bartenders and gave me plenty of playing time. I played solo, but it's a good place to bring the band. Play Jimmy's; they'll treat you right. matt
- reply to this commentMatt Morrell (1/2008)