Every Monday at 7pm
Hosted by Jan Bohan344 West Gay St.
West Chester, PA
- Due to an excellent turnout for this open mic (and to give everyone that much more opportunity to attend), we're now making this a weekly event. Thanks to all who have supported it! Let's keep it going strong!
- reply to this commentJan Bohan (3/2012)
- ? Is there an age limit? If so, what is it?
- reply to this commentJames Giardinelli (2/2012)
- There is no age limit (though those attending tend to be in the 'late twenties and beyond' category). With that being said, though, we had one 14 year old participant last week (who came out with his family), and he fit in perfectly! We love having a variety of ages and styles represented, to keep things interesting (so please come out and join us)!
- reply to this commentJan Bohan (2/2012)
- It's a good Open Mic Night. I like practicing there when it is my turn, I also practice at home. The list has many or several people on the list. Two or three songs allowed, ten to 15 minutes. The restaurant has a bar with paintings by artists on the walls collected by the owner. I got a bowl of sweet jasmine rice for $1 with free soy sauce. I had a glass of wine.
- reply to this commentAndrew Brasfield (12/2011)
Good open mic, performed there last night. I'll go back again, had fun. By the way, the paintings on the wall are not collected by the owner, they are painted by the owner. Josh Morton has a very unique style.
There was a good sized crowd at this open mic, and friendly people running the show, very relaxed and accommodating.
- reply to this commentDrew Vics (1/2012)
- Our first installment of the Acoustic Open Mic Night at Jazmine went amazingly well! Great turnout and performance all around. Even the owner, Josh, got into the act, with an impromptu performance of some acapella tunes! Everyone had a very enjoyable time. Even those diners not there to participate in the open mic were listening with interest! All were really knocked out by the quality of the food, and loved the half-priced appetizer special! Please come out - - you won't be disappointed!!
- reply to this commentJan Bohan (10/2011)
- A beautifully renovated restaurant, in what used to be the location of Rex's. Large open room with wonderful acoustics. Solo and duet performers are encouraged. Light percussion is also okay, but emphasis here is on 'acoustic'. Half priced appetizers for all performers and their friends!! The food here is excellent, and there is a full bar. The owner and waitstaff are all very friendly and accomodating! Please stop by and check us out!!
- reply to this commentJan Bohan (9/2011)