I, Alex The Red Parez aka El Rojo, have been hosting this open mic since late August 2014. We still have two signups at 7:30pm and 10pm and sometimes a featured artist performs a 30 minute set following the 2nd signup at 10pm. It is of course still free, no cover and 21+ and TONS of FUN!
- reply to this commentAlex The Red Parez aka El Rojo (3/2015)
Looking at these comments, it looks like this open mic has been around for a long time - wow. My band played this open mic and we can verify the accuracy of the info here. If you want an in-depth review of Iota, check out our blogpost about the open mic!
There really are great people and a fun time to be had here. We uploaded a pic to this site for easy viewing pleasure.
- reply to this commentThe Capitol Heights (10/2014)
- James & Todd run one of the best open mikes I've ever been to. 2 sign-ups at 7:30 & 10:00, with a feature at around 10. And they pick from a hat each time. So, if you have to get up for work early, you can get there at 7:30 and be home by 10:30/11:00. If you're working late, no problem - just play in the 2nd round. Fixes the problem of having to show up early to then play at midnight. The feature was FANTASTIC, by the way.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (11/2012)
- Looking to do some simple stand up material. Am i looking in the right place?
- reply to this commentSumit (8/2011)
- I would really love to play here some time. I come from Richmond. What time of year would be the most likely appreciative audience?
- reply to this commentMeade Skelton (9/2010)