- Good open mic folk venue.
- reply to this commentDale Traub (4/2012)
I echo what Dan Greenwald stated. Andrew is a great host and musician and I like the manner in which he manages the open mike. First come first serve, 3 songs, originals or covers, and everyone gets a up to play in the course of the evening. Mostly young talent, 20's - 30's age,
I would guess, but all welcome. They let me play and I'm a Senior Citizen!! Always feel welcome and appreciated there. The Owner/Hostess and staff are terrific people and the Wines and Beers offered are top shelf and the Menu/Fare reasonable and very tasty! Come on down and
pick a few notes. Also, keyboard, Harmonica's, and Accordian players, and Duo's welcome, at a
moderate level of volume, after all, it is an Acoustic Jam. Highly Recommended!!!!
- reply to this commentClark Williams (1/2012)
- one of my favorite open mics in the area. good music, good food, and good sangria and other specials! the regulars are a hoot-- pro musicians who are alot of fun to hang with.
- reply to this commentbill bailey (1/2012)
- Gnarly Vine is an undiscovered gem and selfishly I hope it remains that way. Andrew, the affable host, is an accomplished musician and very generous in terms of stage time. Frequented by younger musicians from New Rochelle, but everyone is always welcome. Gnarly has a great selection of reasonably priced wines by the glass with generous amounts. Try the Malbec. Sometimes the audience could be better listeners, but winning over the crowd is the challenge. Highly recommended!!
- reply to this commentDan Greenwald/TheWorkers (12/2011)
- This Open Mic is intimate and supportive. All music is welcome at this friendly wine bar. It feels like you're playing in a Napa Valley Bistro.
- reply to this commentAndrew (11/2011)