I have played at hundreds of open mikes across the US & Canada, and this is the best. Fantastic talent, tremendous sound (and sound man), a really fine room and a music loving host. It's one of the few open mikes that's worth the five bucks.
Eddie is a remarkable host. I will be back as often as I can get there.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (4/2010)
- Eddie's is the greatest! But note that the waiting list is more like 3 months, not a couple of weeks -- 4 months for a prime spot.
- reply to this commentDave (4/2008)
I played this open mic in the fall of 2006 and had a great time. The other comments are right - forget about the contest and just enjoy the venue. Sign up a few weeks in advance and introduce yourself to everybody you meet.
You can buy a soundboard mix of your performance at the end of the night.
Highly recommended. matt
- reply to this commentMatt Morrell (1/2008)
- Can a gospel rap artist perform?
- reply to this commentAnonymous (11/2007)
- A nationally recognized venue and host who has brought artists such as John Mayer, the Indigo Girls and Sugarland to light. Format is 2 songs or 10 minutes each, with judges voting on 3 people for a finalist round. Cover is $3, "winner" of the evening takes home $60.
- reply to this commentTony Lovell (11/2007)