East Bay Meeting House
This is Charleston's longest running show of poetry and music. Now in our 13th year, it takes place every Monday barring major holidays. The show starts with a featured poet or, sometimes, musician who reads for 45 minutes. That reading is followed by open mic. Open mic participants have a 2 poem, 2 song, or 6 minute limit -- whichever comes first. Those wishing to read or perform at open mic must sign up before the feature starts. We host nationally known poets with books in print. If you would like to be the featured reader, please contact Jim Lundy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ratio of poetry to music in the open mic is typically 3 to 1 and musicians are featured about 10 times per year. Musicians who would like to feature must perform only original music.
- i am so excited to ind that there's an event like this going on in South Carolina… Thank you!
- reply to this commentChosen (9/2015)
- Is the open mic still going on?
- reply to this commentLotus (7/2015)
- Yes,Charleston's longest-running open mic is still running after all these years. Unless there's a major holiday on a Monday it is taking place.
- reply to this commentJim Lundy (7/2015)
- i would like to do the open mic night.
- reply to this commentsymone smalls (4/2015)
- Please note that there will be no MNP&M this Monday, November 24th, 2014. We're taking the week off in honor of Thanksgiving. Please come to the show on December 1st for the feature band "High Beams."
- reply to this commentJim Lundy (11/2014)
- There will be no open mic on Labor Day, September 1, 2014. Please join us again on September 8th.
- reply to this commentJim Lundy (9/2014)