- I am a product of Dorsey's Locker… this is a wonderful palce to come and show case any talent you have… the host is hilarious and the crowd is welcoming! It does not start at 8 as listed, you can sign up and food can be purchased, the show usually gets going by 9:15pm
- reply to this commentRose (1/2011)
- Never started on time was there at 730 thinking it was going to start at 8. I left at 930 and they still didn't start. This is supposed to be a free event, a man that worked there came up to our table and told us "to keep this a free event buy a drink or something" That is horrible customer service… If I have to buy a drink or something "THAT IS NOT FREE". We wouldn't of had an issue with it if it was stated on paper or a hard copy, or maybe even if it wasn't just our table he chose to walk up to and make this statement. On the good side the food there smelled awesome and if we didn't go to Jack in the Crack prior to going there we would have torn up some food. We will go back and try the food one day, but we will never attend the open mic night again.
- reply to this commentLady-T (12/2010)
- @Lady-T. sounds like you feel they should pay you for being in there building. Um, common sense dictates that you buy some form of goods from the business hosting any event especially poetry. Asking you to support NOT charging at the door… I would buy two drinks and thank the hosts. But, I love poetry, I enjoy being entertained, I drink fluids to maintain life… so sounds like you should stay home log onto myspace delete all your friends, walk out into the bay and swim to Japan, oh, and I won't charge you a thing… FREE!
- reply to this commentMurphy Clamrod (12/2010)
- Doesn't sound like a place for singer/songwriter types does it?
- reply to this commentCharles (6/2010)
Dorsey's Locker hosts "The Blue Candle" every Tuesday evening. Featuring the best spoken word and up and coming comdedians in the Bay Area. Dorsey's is the oldest and continuously running venue for spoken word and comedy in the Bay area.
Sign up at 7:30pm
- reply to this commentDonald Dorsey (2/2010)