- This Open Mic is still awesome!!! Lotsa talent, great food and drink and supportive fun crowd. I miss being there every Weds. but I still come around. Rock on with your good self. -Todd C. (previous host)
- reply to this commentTodd Chase (4/2014)
Dropped by to hear what was happening & was invited to sit in with a great group of players.
Very attentive audience of musicians & a few folks from the neighborhood. Great local bar with absolutely no pretensions.
I highly recommend bringing your new stuff down to air out.
- reply to this commentFred Bement (2/2008)
- This is a great place to work on new material. The locals are extremely welcoming. The host was terrific, kept the open mic moving along and was very supportive of the musicians. This place is off the beaten path a bit but that is also part of its charm. parking is a bit tight around there. The beaten path in this manayunk neighborhood, by the way, is only 3 blocks back.
- reply to this commentjim nechin (9/2006)
To whom it may concern,
I have played Dawson Street several times over the last 6 months. Great host Todd, does everything to get everyone on, plays well himself. Allows you to play three songs, which is rare, usually two short ones on most open mics. Great beer selection, friendly neighborhood bar that favors towards a "Jam band type of crowd" lots of Phish and Dead covers played. Crowd really responds to something they know.
Hope it helps.
- reply to this commentBrian Cooney (5/2004)