- This is a great place to play whether you are a beginner or experienced. The crowd is made up of mostly Drexel students who are attentive and encouraging. This open mic does not run in the Summer. It starts sometime in October and ends sometime in June. Also, there usually is a good size audience, but the biggest crowds come in the Fall (because of all the new freshman).
- reply to this commentJustin David (7/2009)
Neil Genzlinger of the New York Times calls Late Night Series: "An Eclectic performance orgy"
The Late Night Series is a weekly, FREE, two hour event that starts in the late evening. From the familiar to the outlandish, you'll see it all during this eclectic night of poetry, drama, dance, comedy & live music. Bring your friends along and enjoy a uniquely entertaining night, and discover the unique and talented artists that Philadelphia and its surrounding areas have to offer!
Signup at 8pm, or e-mail Christina@latenightseries.com to schedule a spot
- reply to this commentChristina Papi (10/2007)
- I was just at its first night, 2/2/06. A good scene - very positive host; attentive audience; good vibes; a mix of spoken word, comedy, and music; no smoke in the air. Despite being part of the Late Night Series, the show doesn't go very late, just 9 to 11. There were/apparently will be a number of featured performers, so with a short night there's not a lot of slots for walk-in signups, each getting 5 min./one song. The flyer says "for more information email LNSPhilly@comcast.net" and bears this quote about the LNS-Jersey: "a coffehouse/poetry slam/hip-hop amalgam".
- reply to this commentKatherine Rhoda (2/2006)
- Poetry, spoken word, music, comedy, anything goes
- reply to this commentNick Anselmo (1/2006)