- Hi Tom! Thanks for the question. It's funny to me that people think I have a house band, but I do not have one in the usual manner. I do have a volunteer house DRUMMER every month, though. The rest of the crew I just grab as they walk in the door. They all know if they get there first and I happen to know that they can "jam", they get to play in the opening set. If you have tunes that are better known to the general population of musicians and don't mind a few mistakes here and there, you can let me know ahead of time or even upon your arrival, and I'll hook you up. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what your list is, and I'll see what I can do.
- reply to this commentSandy Connolly (7/2016)
What is your process for using the band guys to back me up? Do they have a select list or do I submit tunes for backup, or what?
- reply to this commentTom Mullenbach (7/2016)
- This event has a full PA rig. It gets crowded for its popularity thus interchange time can eat up performance time. The talent pool and skill levels are very good. If you go, make an effort to be able to set up/ strike out fast. Then everybody gets more time to perform. Have fun!
- reply to this commentmark (2/2015)
- Thanks for the review, Mark! We're still going strong. This week marks our four-year anniversary!
- reply to this commentAnonymous (2/2015)
- Sandy - you are remarkable at what you do. What a night!
- reply to this commentFred Bement (8/2013)
- The June Open Mic is rescehduled for June 19 due to Guilford High School graduation taking place that last Wednesday.
- reply to this commentSandy Connolly (6/2013)