Black & White Bar
- ? hey there, what nights are open mics? and how does one get on the mic? do you just alk up or sign in? Thank you
- reply to this commentRoses (8/2013)
What typa musical artists come here.
And is there an age restriction?
- reply to this commentVal (6/2013)
- NY Magazine Review: With an entrance that's just a few steps down from a street that's slightly removed from the East Village scene, Johnny T (Niagara and Movida)'s sophomore effort is an oasis of laid-back cool. Early arrivals conduct after-work happy hours or covert assignations in the roomy, black leather booths, enjoying the warm sophistication of the red and orange walls and the votives scattered on the bar. In between smoke breaks under the awning of the sunken smoker's alcove out front, the adorably disheveled male bartenders will begrudgingly pour a Cosmo, and a good one, instead of the usual bourbon or beer -- just don't go asking for Smirnoff Ice. The intimate, low-ceilinged space accommodates everyone from skunk-striped punkettes to NYU spillover to buttoned-down 30-somethings. On Thursdays and weekends it's the same mix, except everybody brings four friends. Come Sunday, though, the crowd thins out again and while enjoying a pint, you can again consider the place your lovely little secret. Lindsay Sagnette
- reply to this comment(4/2012)