- ? What all genres are aloud and what is the prize for the winner?
- reply to this commentAnthony Tuck (2/2011)
- ? How old do you have to been to perform?
- reply to this commentKatie (10/2009)
- hey a few questions… do u have a PA system or do i need my own gear, do u allow music with some profanity, how do i sign up
- reply to this commentdavid Sokerka (2/2008)
- I was there 2 weeks ago, nice joint for comics… musicians, poets… etc. usually starts around 9:30 on a Sunday evening. I was there from 7:30. Drinks are very reasonable. I left around midnight and they were still having a good time. I spent less than $10 bucks on drinks…
- reply to this commentbrian (6/2008)
Austins does have a PA system, and they also have around 4 mics, so multiple people can get amped up if need be. Music with profanity is most certainly allowed. Also expect all kinds of acts. Ranging from political speech, poetry readings, rants, talented acoustic acts, in your face loud guitar, keyboards, and rants. Drum kits are not allowed, small drums are. Set up quickly as possible, you only get 15 minutes, and sound check will count against how long you can spend playing. The stage is also kind of small, along with the actual coffee shop. Peak hours will usually yield an audience of around 25 people.
PBR is a really cheap beer you can grab it for like $2. Coffees are great, sandwiches are OK.
OH and in order to book for open mic make sure to arrive at Austin's NO LATER THAN 7:30pm! Even then that can be to late if they start sign ups early, which sometimes they do!
- reply to this commentJamesPete (5/2009)