Amazing Things Arts Center
- No jam December 30th
- reply to this commentJoe raia (12/2014)
- ? what time does this run to?
- reply to this commentelote villanueva (6/2014)
- The weekly Amazing Things Arts Center Jazz Jam is hosted by rotating hosts, all ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged, in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Located in the heart of metro-west at 160 Hollis Street, Framingham, in a wonderfully renovated 1890 firehouse 3 blocks from the Framingham T station. Join saxophonist Joe Raia and friends on the fourth tuesdays of the month this fall (9/25, 10/30, 11/27)… hope to see and hear you there!
- reply to this commentJoe raia (9/2012)
Been going to this jazz jam for about two years, on and off. The host bands are good, and everyone gets to play - there's no favoritism. As a pianist, I know to show up and put my name on the list early, since there are lots of pianists who show up. There's a small but growing group of horn players who show up almost every week, getting visibly better over time. It's a Real Book jam - if there's something else you want to play, bring extra lead sheets for others!
The audience seating is several rows of theater-style seats on risers. The food is candy bars and snack food sold at the side of the room, so you won't go broke hanging out there.
- reply to this commentPhil Olenick (1/2011)
The jam balances high level playing with a spirit of welcome and community. Five host bands take turns making your visit to the jam a rewarding and enjoyable experience. Each week a different group and each week a different feel. Here you can hone your skills and trade lick's
Sign up at 7:30pm
- reply to this commentAmazing Things Comedy Open Mic. (2/2010)